Print and Web Resources for Book Design and Production
- Dover Publications‘ royalty-free art books or images – An excellent source of design images.
- The Non-Designers Design Book: Design and Typographic Principles for the Visual Novice, by Robin Williams – A wonderful resource for beginners in typographic design.
- Best print on demand publishers compares these providers.
- Getting It Printed, How to work with printers & graphic imaging services to assure quality, stay on schedule, & control costs, 4th Ed., by Eric Kenly & Mark Breach – Nearly everything you need to know on the subject, except for recent developments, such as green printing.
- The Complete Guide to Self-Publishing: Everything you need to know to write, publish, promote and sell your own book, by Tom & Marilyn Ross – A guide geared toward self-help books, little on getting book production from other than conventional printers.
- About.com Desktop Publishing – A comprehensive set of articles on the elements of desktop publishing with links to other resources.
- Is It a Book? – A site with annotated links to a wide variety of web and print resources.
- The Book Designer blog – Joel Friedlander provides a lot of information on what else – book design – on this site.
- The Font Feed – An astonishing amount of discussion on the best fonts for various applications.